Simple Everyday Food
For a simple pasta dish, this is one of the best I know. I usually create it when we have worked late in the evening or been out for an early drink. When we come in, my partner and I look at each other tiredly.
“Pasta?”, I usually suggest. And he never says no.
This penne with chicken, green peppers and sun-dried tomatoes is a simple pasta dish that we first made when we needed to clear a little space in the fridge.
The peppers were starting to look a little tired and we had some cream that was near to its use-by date.
To make it a complete pasta dish, we added sun-dried tomatoes, onions and chicken. And some spices, of course. The whole thing becomes a quick-fix everyday dish that feels a little spring-like thanks to the fact that it is lighter in style. But, of course, it can be cooked at any time of the year.
We have been eating quite a lot of spaghetti lately, so for this dish I was craving a shorter pasta variant. Therefore, it got to be my old favorite penne. You can of course take any type of pasta you want. Spaghetti or tagliatelle, if you fancy it. Or why not gnocchi or pasta spirals (fusilli).
I think that about 400 grams is right for four people when choosing the short pasta varieties. Spaghetti usually needs a little less. But, of course, it depends on how hungry you are.
Penne With Chicken, Green Peppers and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- For: 4 people
- 2 large chicken fillets
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green pepper
- 8 pieces sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2.5 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 2g cumin
- 2g garlic powder
- Salt, black pepper to season
- 300–400g penne or other pasta
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the liquid out.
- Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Put the chicken in a frying pan and fry in butter so that it has a browned surface color. Salt and pepper. Lift out the chicken.
- Put the onion in a dollop of butter and fry on medium heat until it softens. Add the paprika. Put the chicken back in the pan and add the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Stir in cream, curry powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Let it all stand and simmer on low heat.
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the pack. Turn off the water and mix the pasta into the sauce. Serve with freshly ground black pepper.