This dish is so easy to make that almost no recipe is needed. However, it is such a heavenly dish that it just has to be mentioned.
All you have to do is boil potatoes and eggs. Then you mix some crème fraîche with mayonnaise, chop some red onion and add.
We served this dish as a spring midweek lunch. We rarely eat cold-smoked salmon, but it is so delicious that I think we’ll do it a little more often.
For Easter, and of course for midsummer days, this dish fits extremely well. Precisely because it is so easy to prepare and make.
Perfect Food to Offer
The cold-smoked salmon can, of course, be exchanged for pickled salmon or tuna if you prefer. If you want to invite friends for this dish, just double the recipe.
Set the mayo and crème fraîche mix in the fridge and boil eggs and potatoes in advance. You can then quickly heat the potatoes in the microwave if you want them slightly warm. A few herbs never go wrong, so why not sprinkle some dill or chives on top?
This dish is gluten-free. If you use a lactose-free crème fraiche, or just mayonnaise, then the dish will also be lactose-free.
Cold Smoked Salmon With Potatoes, Eggs and Chopped Red Onion
- For: 4 people
- 0.5 cup mayonnaise
- 0.25 cup sour cream
- 8 small solid potatoes
- 8 eggs
- 1 small red onion
- 400g sliced cold smoked salmon
- Mix mayonnaise with crème fraiche. Set it to cool until serving.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water with the skin on for about 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through. Let the potatoes cool and then peel.
- Boil the eggs for about 6 minutes. Peel and halve them.
- Finely chop the red onion.
- Put everything on a plate. Serve with salad, crusty bread, butter and cheese.